Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shenandoah

My sister and nephews and I went to Shenandoah National Park on Thursday and I finally got to see a deciduous forest in the fall. I'm not going to describe it, because I would just try and fail desperately in the form of empty, overused adjectives and pure sentimentality. Instead, I'll include a few pictures and the fact that the whole experience was like stepping into the ambiguous possibilities of a Robert Frost poem, as narrated by Robert Frost--possibly on a scratched vinyl record that I found at a yard sale and played sporadically until it somehow magically disappeared, like most of my belongings, never to be listened to again. 
I digress. Pictures!
With the nephews.
Peak colors.
Clark and Dawn on a section of the Appalachian Trail. 
Helping Clark balance. 
Calvin, knee deep in leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment